Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Symbol Pocket PC with barcode scanner be programmed with eMbedded

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigracefan

Programmer
Apr 2, 2002
US
I'm currently trying to program a Symbol Pocket PC. I'm doing it in the regular vb environment. It's a formless application so I can't debbug other than using message boxes. I was wondering if programming with MicroSoft's eVB eMbedded Visual Tools 3.0, which is CE (I assume), is possible? I'm using Wavelink to connect the wireless pc to the application (if this is any help). It's just taking forever to develop this way. Any hints or advice would be greatly appreciated. Am I trying to re-invent the wheel?

Pete

Hi,
The eVB that Mircosoft produces will only program the Windows CE environment. It was not intended to work with a PocketPC os.

I hope this helps.
Noble

That's not true. You can develop eVB programs for the PocketPC. It's just a matter of the right SDK and off you go. However the eVB is a subset of the VB language and doesn't support many commands fully. Also it's awfully slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back