Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Still Get CNE 5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyNred

Instructor
Jul 26, 2003
CA
I'm posting this because it seems there is a lot of misinformation floating around out there related to the expiry of the NetWare 5.0 exams.

Only the NetWare 5.0 exams are retiring Sept. 30/03. They are being replaced with NetWare 5.1 exams. No need to panic if you've started the CNE 5 track. You still have plenty of time to complete the CNE program.

It is very true that many of the NetWare 5.0 exams are retiring on that date BUT they have been replaced by NetWare 5.1 exams. There is not a lot of difference between these two tracks. If you have already started writing exams for NW 5.0, you can still complete your CNE 5 by writing your remaining exams in the NW 5.1 track. The one catch here is that you must finish by Sept. 30/04.

Once you have completed your CNE 5 you can upgrade to CNE 6 by writing the Upgrade exam. This will make you current and give you both certs.

The CCR deadline for current CNEs to write the upgrade exam is Oct. 31/03. This does NOT mean you have to start over again. It simply means that if someone was to contact Novell to ask your status they would be told that you are not a current CNE. You still retain your CNE status but you loose all benefits.

You can write the upgrade exam right up until they retire that exam to become current again.

Marie Perry
CNI/MCNE/MCSE

Marie,

I'm currently in the middle of my work towards the 5.1 CNE. Will I be able to obtain my CNE 6 through the single upgrade exam if I miss the Oct. 30, 2003 deadline?

TM

Yes... you will still be able to write just the Upgrade Exam and get your CNE 6 once you have the CNE 5 even if you miss the deadline.

I can't tell you how long you will have after the deadline to write so I would recommend keeping an eye on the CNE progress chart which will list any retiring exams. You probably will have about a year.

BTW... You can now purchase discount exam vouchers for Novell exams at this is something new. I believe this is the first time that Novell has made discount exam vouchers available.

Marie Perry
CNI/MCNE/MCSE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back