Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Special Characters (~W) be typed from dialpad? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjoetech

Technical User
Sep 12, 2007
US
I would like to set up some personal speed dial buttons to include a phone number and then a "~W". Can the ~W be typed by the user on his dialpad? I know it works from a group or enhanced, but then the user cant change it on the fly without involving a technician. The system is an s8700 with 4.0 CM.
Thanks!!

~p = Pause for 1.5 seconds.
~w = Wait for dial tone.
~m = Change to outpulse DTMF digits at the end-to-end rate. ~s = Start suppressing display of the digits being outpulsed.
~W = Wait indefinitely for dial tone.

Not that it helps you, but using the comma will give you a pause. Example: 912015551212,,,,123456. At least I think it does. That is how I tell people to store the conference bridge in their contacts list.

Thanks for this info, but what button (2420) is the comma?
..and a gold star for helping me out. To bad its not cash! lol

not sure on a 2420. I have 96XX phones and when you build your contact list there is an option to click 'more' then 'symbol'. In the symbol menu there is the comma and every other symbol

abr-spchar can be assigned to the feature button assignents

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back