Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can sp2 be integrated onto windows xp pro disc and reburned

Status
Not open for further replies.

piracydontsux

Technical User
Jun 10, 2004
GB
just downloaded sp2 and am wondering how to integrate the sp2 onto my xp pro disc so i dont have to load it as a seperate unit! i did it with sp1 any answers?

sp2 is still rc1 (release candidate) wich means ms is still working on it (testing...), i would wait for the final release to do so.

The current plans are the SP2 RC1 will need to be uninstalled when the final is released.

Actually, release candidate 2 of SP2 has been out for over a month. This too will probably need to be uninstalled when the final release of SP2 comes out, scheduled for next month. The best idea is to not slipstream until after the final release.

Also for piracydontsux, SP1 would install on an XP box, regardless of the validity of the CD key that XP was installed with. SP2 release candidates behave the same way. I read an article recently that stated that the final release of SP2 would be much more aggressive about checking for valid CD keys, and not install on boxes with pirated keys. May be true, may be not, but something to think about if there's a question about the validity of your key.

Wishdiak

many thank to all. am goning to wait till the actual release of sp2 before slipstreaming. cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back