Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can someone test out my page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The

Programmer
Jul 30, 2001
CA
I've just made a web page, and someone told me that it didn't work with their browser. I'd really appreciate it if some ppl here, with different browsers (Netscape, Opera, anything other than IE) were to test it out and tell me what happens. The address is:

Thanks a lot!

its not targeting a cell...

iFrames are floating frames that yeah, you can use in cells etc. instead of the traditional full page frames. iframes can have all the attributes of a frame as well just incase you wondered.

oh well, glad you leant something ^^

~*Gwar3k1*~
"To the pressure, everything's just like: an illusion. I'll be losing you before long..."

I know all about frames/iframes. Maybe I was reading your code wrong. You have:

<td class=&quot;small&quot;><a href=&quot;body.txt&quot; target=&quot;main&quot;>Main</a></td>

Does that just mean that all the links in that cell will be targetted to the iframe &quot;main&quot;?

Wow. I'm stupid. For some reason, I thought that link was part of the <td> tag. nevermind...

>>For some reason, every so often my browser refuses to show me the source code of web pages, so I can't check it myself.

IE's cache is full. Empty out your cache and you should be able to view source again.

Ah, thanks. Where do I go to do that?

Tools -> Internet Options -> General -> Temporary Internet Files -> Delete Files

lol at the link thingy ;)

~*Gwar3k1*~
&quot;To the pressure, everything's just like: an illusion. I'll be losing you before long...&quot;

this is a standard doctype

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN&quot;>

IE is the least standards compliant browser anywhere and will display just about anything you throw at it. Use Mozilla or NS6 for testing.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

Hi,

The reason some people are just seeing the code (dwarfthrower) is because your files are called whatever.txt

Internet Explorer is clever enough to the contents of the .txt file and see its really HTML!

Rename all your files to .htm and you should find it will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back