Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can someone please tell me what is the LD & command is to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

barry7777

Technical User
Sep 10, 2009
US
determin if a phone is pluged into a station jack? I have a Nortel 81C

Thanks.

LD 32
IDU XX XX XX XX (TN)
SHOULD COME BACK WITH PHONE TYPE AND SERIAL NUMBER OF PHONE

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I'll take a stab that your referring to Digital/IP sets ?

LD 32
.IDU X X X X (TN)Individual ID

LD 117
.inv generate (enable and wait)have a coffee
.inv prt (prints) which you can capturen to a file

Cheers!!

LD 117
.inv generate sets
.inv prt sets

Cheers!!

When using IDU in 32 i get, that command can only be used on a ISDLC card. Any ideas?

what kind of phone if it's an IP just do a STAT on the TN in LD 20

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Its just a 500 set. I cant find the jack, and as you know it will just ring since it dosnt disable during midnights.

You could set up an enhanced trace on the tn and see if it is in use or you could just disable the tn and see if anyone complains. Other than that you need to trace out the cable and see where it goes.

So there lies the problem Analogue Sets Type '500's you can't IDU
hence my first assumption on what Type's...Though there are some power reading, tip and ring suggestions take a look and search on Keywords on this forum

Cheers!!

Wait till nobody is in the office. Get somebody to keep calling that number and have somebody else walk around to see if they hear it ringing.

There is a mtce command (cannot remember where/what) that used to be used in hotels to make sure somebody did not walk off with a room phone. It relied on being able to detect a high voltage message waiting lamp on the analog phone.

Loads of suggestions made on how to determine Analogue phones being plugged in on this forum

But this is my my $ worth as my suggestion

Change that Analogue TN to HOT Dial a target DN when it goes off hook leave and monitor for a while, thereby determines whether a phone is being used and indeed is plugged in

LD 10 or 20 depending on software Rls

REQ CHG
TYPE 500
etc etc
ECHG YES

CLS MNL
FTR HOT D 4 XXXX (Target DN 4 digits assuming)

Cheers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back