Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can someone help my to get my embeded links to work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnhouk

Technical User
Oct 24, 2001
US
I'm not sure when it started but, whenever I click a button, menu item, etc. thats supposed to take me to a site, usually nothing happens. In otherwords most hyperlinks that don't display the hand icon, dosn't work. I don't beleive its from any browser hyjacking or virus. I run into this most when I find a "click to be taken to the site" button in the options of some programs. I also remember have problems previewing any type of web page from programs like Microsoft ASP.NET Web Matrix, and I think frontpage suffers too. Any knowlegable help would be apreciated.

Are you using GetRight or other download accelerator that watches the keyboard stack for IE commands?

No download manager/accelerators.
And the "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 281679" Are not my symptoms. I am able to open in new window, and follow links in my email.

Understood...I posted that before I'd really digested what your problem was. My fault.

Ok I went looking for something standard to refer to.
And I found a link with hand that dosn't work, but its real typical of my problem.
In Media Player 9, options, plugins;
The "look for plugins on the internet" link does nothing.

An experiment only:

Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, look for "Internet Explore Q824145"

Remove it.

Reboot and test again. Your very first stop at Windows Update will reinstall this if it made no difference.

I don't have that update listed in add/remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back