Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAn someone explain what recordsetclone is all about

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasperjasper

Programmer
Mar 23, 2004
US
Hi
I have had some trouble understanding what the recordsetclone is all about. If someone can shine some light on this it would be great.
Thanks

When in VBE with the cursor in the .RecordsetClone word simply press the F1 key.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

You can have only one current row in an open recordset. RecordsetClone allows you to point a separate object variable at the original rows to give you two current rows from the same recordset. This is faster than re-executing a query to produce a second recordset, for example.

When why would you want a second record. I know in the past this might have come in handy, but I cant think of a usage right now...

Clone a form's recordset, go to and manipulate a specific row in the clone then make the form display the manipulated row.

The RecordsetClone object is often used in cunjunction with the FindFirst, NoMatch and Bookmark methods/properties of the Recordset and Form objects.
Again, feel free to play with the F2 and F1 key while in VBE.

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back