Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Seagate Info7 Output File be moved? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryFino

Technical User
Jun 11, 2002
AU
Dear Forum,
We are currently running Seagate Info7 (Product 7.0.2.200).
Is it possible to move the Instances Output Directory and retain all current instances on the Info Desktop?

Yes.

First have all users log off of the system. Then perform a full backup of the system, including the system database (CINFODB) that the APS uses to track everything.

Now you can make the change. Use the Info Configuration Manager on the APS machine. Select the APS tab, then select the File Stores... button. This will open a dialog "Update DatabaseWizard - Select Operation"; ensure that the operation to change file storage locations is marked and click the Next button.

This will open a dialog "Update DatabaseWizard - Change File Locations". With this wizard you can change ONE of the file locations at a time without fear of clobering anything else (I have not had much success trying a multiple change). Select the Output directory check box and then fill in the name of the new output directory, then click on the Next button.

This will open a new, and final, dialog "Update Database Wizard - Copy Files". You have three choices here: (1) Only update the database (You have copied the files yourself, and will perform any cleanup desired yourself); (2) Update the database and copy files from the old location to the new location; and, (3) Update the database, copy the files from the old location to the new location, and delete the files from the old location. (My preference is to move and delete the files myself. I strongly recommend against option 3, but a good backup will protect you here.) Pick your option and click the Finish button.

Depending on the number instances being moved, the database type, if files are being moved/deleted, etc. the time required could take from only a minute or less to upwards of 15 minutes.

We have done this on several occasions with minimal difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back