Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can recieve External but stop recieving internal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddrafts

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2002
US
For some strange reason today we have stopped receiving internal E-Mail. I see nothing in the logs and everything looks correct. I have done nothing with the server today. I ran isinteg with the fix and alltests. That found some warnings and fixed them.

This is on a single domain system with everyone in one office.

I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Thanks
Doug

Doug

There is not enough information here to really be able to help you.

You could be experiencing a DNS issue.
Something at the firewall may not be right.
You could also have a problem with the SMTP connector.

These are common things to look at and where I would start before doing anything with the EDB's as they do not control inboud or outbound messages.

One exchange 2003 sp1 installed on a 2003 server. 10 people in the office. Have a DSL connection with a static IP. I can recieve E-Mail from outside the Co. But I cannot send outside or internal to the person sitting next to me.

Their is noting showing in the Queue. But at one point lastnight All E-Mail was sent. It is not working now.

It is not working but it did work at one point?

If you have a DSL ... that means that you are using a smarthost?

Is there a bounce back that you get?

Is the domain that you are sending to internally the same as the external or different? Example: My client has abc.com as their internal domain ... their external email domain is a-bc.com so you are never sending mail to abc.com, it is always a-bc.com.
This could help you point the SMTP connector as a problem.

I figured out what it was. Going to contact Microsoft for the patch today. You can read about it in KB 823596. I just wish that they would make the patch public.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back