Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can ping but no network resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnemyGateIsDown

Technical User
Oct 3, 2002
GB
Hi

I've managed to get a VPN client talking to the VPN server and I can ping machines on the network.

However if i try to see resources on a machine from explorer etc on the client it cannot find the machine whether i quote it by name or IP address.

Does anyone know what might be causing this problem?

Make sure that 'file and printer shareing for MS networks' and 'client for MS networks' is installed and active on the VPN connection. Also, it sometimes helps if you share at least one resource on each machine, even if you don't really need to.

Hi

On the Client connection I have both of those checked, Is there somewhere on the VPN server that I need to enable these?

Thanks for your help

Chris

I have set up one win2k server as VPN Server. I was able to ping and logon to the server successfully using a win2k pro client machine.

However, when I browse the drive of the server I can see only shared drive of my VPN server and not the drives of the network.

Im browsing the drive using Explorer and I typed \\169.214.50.52 on the address bar. This is the Server IP I got when I view the properties of VPN connection. Is it the way to browse network on the other side?

When I browsed Client IP \\169.214.60.25 drive from the server, I cannot access?

My client is setup using IP 192.168.0.x and the VPN Server and Network with PDC is in range of 192.168.10.x

Is there something I missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back