Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can only see all my data thru a MERGE from tape..why

Status
Not open for further replies.

gman10

Technical User
Jul 20, 2001
US
Hi all-

Seems as though I can't access the directory tree on my C: drive off of my PDC (within ArcServe 6 of course) unless I do a restore then a merge from backup tape..
I get good backups so thats not an issue but I'm concerned about the data on my PDC and why I can't manipulate it unless a merge is done, then everything is accessible.
Any clue... please feel free and let me know.

thanks gman!

HI,

Sounds like a database corruption...

Check for r*.* files in the ARcserve\database folder.

should not be more than 3.
1. Stop the ARcserve DB engine
2. delete all the r*.* files
3. delete all the files under ARcserve\Temp
4. restart the DB engine.
5. run a backup and check if it looks good now.

cheers
speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

ok, try this one if the Speshalyst's doesn't work..

It sounds to me like either your pruning time is set too low in Server configuration, in which case, your database entries are being 'pruned' (read deleted) before your rotation is complete or you are not selecting to 'record detail information' in the database area of the 'Operation' screen in the job configuration dialogue box.

I use a 180 day pruning cycle for a 6 month G-F-S rotation scheme which covers 6 months x 30 days. Also, in the job configuration, we specifiy that 'Detailed Information' is logged into the database, i.e. That file information is recorded, not just session info.

This way, at any point in the 6 month rotation scheme, we can drill down into the database and find file details that we need to recover. Which, it sounds to me, is your goal.

Give it a go and let me know how you get on.
[pipe]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back