Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can only dial out once on analog trunk 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bivman

Technical User
Jan 13, 2008
US
Hi again guys!
Thanks for all the help on my previous problem with VCM.
Here's another weird one...
I have IP Office IP500
I have several sip trunks, PRI and analog lines.
3 out of 4 of my analog lines are on one dialout group. The 4th is on a separate one. (I want the fire system to have exclusive access to this line, and the fire system also send notifications over the local paging system, so I need to go through the switch.) After a system reboot, the line can be dialed out on, but just once. On the next attempt, the system shows "WAITING FOR LINE". The monitor shows:
233368mS CMLineRx: v=0
CMReleaseComp
Line: type=NoLine 0 Call: lid=0 id=-1 in=0
Cause=21, Call rejected
233369mS CMARS: LINE ep Received: CMReleaseComp - child->state = CMCSOffering - ARS Call State = CMCSOverlapRecv
233370mS CMARS: Target: Short_Code: N; - Line_Group_ID: 4 has been set to: CMARS_OUTOFSERVICE

Not sure why line group 4 gets set to out of service...

Any ideas?

The other analog lines work fine, and are all set up the same, except for their line group of course...

Thanks,
-Jon

Sounds like the line isnt being released properly.

When you are getting the Waiting for line message check SSA and see if the trunk is still in use.

Never argue with an idiot. bystanders won't be able to tell the difference.

Bivman, how long does an alarm call take including the page etc? I ask as you can force the system to clear down the line after a set time if you know what that time needs to be :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

is it also maybe that the alarm calls out then goss on hook and then pages?
could be that the on hook time is so short that it puts the line on hold rather then disconnecting.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Well... At this point, I'm just using a regular phone to test the calls, so the fire system isn't in the mix. I have a specific shortcode to access the line. *#7N feature=dial number=N line group ID=53
ARS 53 is:
code=N; feature=dial number=N line group id=4

Line 9 has outgoing group id=4 incoming=1

Not sure what you are refering to: SSA?

How do you clear a line? Can I make a shortcode?

Thanks,
-Jon

SSA is system status, once you have dropped the call, see if the trunk is still conected.

OK... Gotta get used to the abbreviations! hehehe
SSA shows IDLE on all analog trunks.

If you connect a call and then drop it, does the trunk clear straight away?

I would be VERY cautious in having a fire system dial out via any PBX. In many jurisdictions, this is not an approved installation. Do you have any liability if the phone system prevents the fire system from reporting?
Mike

DUUUUUUUUHHHHH!!!!!!

I found the problem....

ARRRGGGHHH!!!

I had a SIP trunk URI AND an analog trunk labelled with
the same line ID... Not sure why the system didn't
show it as error....

Anyway... everythings working again...

Thanks,
-Jon

Can someone point me to the upgrade location for IP500 software? I think our vendor ok'd an upgrade to 4.2(14)
And I also thought I heard someone out there say VPN VOIP for 5610 phones... I need to find out what hardware for the VPN router....

amriddle01,

I am running a 403 on 3.2.69. I would be interested in setting up a call to disconnect after a certain amount of time as you mentioned above. Can you provide instructions? I am more interested on doing this on a user by user basis and not a line by line. Is this possible?

Indeed, go to the users short codes tab, put the following:
Shortcode - N
Tel number - Nt(5)
Line Gp - 0

That will limit calls from that user to 5 mins

That's assuming dialling stright out on line gp 0, if you use a different line group change that number also if you use a 9 for outside change the shortcode to 9N but the rest remains the same :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back