Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can one refer to cell value in custom page header

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2002
US
I am attempting to create a report in Excel with the ability to include a variable name in the custom header area. It seems that if the ability to include current date and time, that a variable could be available. I want to refer to cell A1 for example to include that cell value in the report header. I believe I could change the tab name based on the variable and use that as part of the available preset options. My question is without using VBA could this be done?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Thank for your reply. The link was quite informative. Using that information I am able to string together the existing header and a value that I store in a cell.
I have been trying to use help to display all of the possible variations of Activesheet.??.?? to see just what is available. Are you aware of a source for this level of information.

Again, Thank You for the direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back