Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can NT4 SBS set up Trusts with another NT 4 domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcfrasco

IS-IT--Management
Apr 27, 2001
US
I have an NT 4 Small Business Server controlling my domain. We set up a VPN connection between our company and our sister company in another state and the big guys want our domains linked to set up corporate shares. When I try to enter the Trusting domain and password in the boxes for setting up Trusts, it keeps telling me "Access denied". We can ping each others machines and have verified that WINS is working correctly but each time my server refuses access. I know it is something on my server that's not right but I'm starting to wonder if Small Business Server is not set up to do Trusts.

Thank you in advance for any information to this problem.

jcfrasco

SBS 4.5 does not support trust relationships. You can however establish trust relationships with SBS 2000 as long as that is the first server on / off the domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back