Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Notes R5 display time as well as date? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crisc

IS-IT--Management
Nov 15, 2001
US
I've been getting nowhere trying to configure Notes to show the time AS WELL AS the date a message arrived. I know you can open the message and see the timestamp, but isn't there a way to make the date column show time as well?

Yes there is but it requires modifying the mail template (which you will have to keep a copy of or modify again each time you upgrade your server). To do this, open the template (inotes5.ntf or mail50.ntf) in the designer. Go to folders and open "$inbox". Click on the date column > properties. Click on the "Date & Time" tab and set it to what you want. This only changes the inbox not any of the other folders.

Hmm. I'm kind of ignorant when it comes to Notes, what and where is "designer"?

Designer is one of three Notes clients - the Notes client, the Designer client and the Administrator client. You will have to install Designer is you need to do any design work and you will have to have Designer rights in the ACL of any database in which you wish to do design work.

Secondly - do not make changes directly to iNotes5.ntl. This template inherits its design from mail50ex.ntf and that is where you should make your changes.

Thanks for the good info Cyberick, although it doesn't help my specific issue, as I do not have access to this designer client, at least I know what it is.

Am I the only lucky man or what? I just checked, is that true the date column can display date and time?

At least for me it is, and no need to modify the databse.

!! RESIZE THE DATE COLUMN !!
Don't tell me you don't know how:p

Resizing the date column makes it wider. It still doesn't contain the time.

yeah just checked that on version 5.0.7, 5.0.9, 5.0.10 all working fine.all are showing date and time. maybe your mail template is a older one? Power up your Notes/Domino if you know how to use it!

Q1: what is power?
Q2: what is up?
Q3: what is Notes/Domino? *&%$#@

I'm using Notes R5.0.8 and I don't understand any of your 3 questions. Please clarify.

Hi all,

I've the same problem... Can't have the time... In fact, my database has been migrated from Notes 4.5 to Notes 5.0.10.
That might be the source of the problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back