Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can not use enterprise manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatih235

MIS
May 30, 2002
US
hey all;

i knew that sql server 2000 developer edition would work on xp home as an actual server so i bought it and set it up. When i try to connect to the server that i defined during the setup i get an error message saying "A connection could not be establisked to LOCAL" "please verify sql server is running ans check your sql server registration properties". I could figure out what to do. I can use query analyzer to create tables and other stuff but cant use services provided through enterprise manager.

Thank you.

have you tried the actual IP of your machine instead of using local? Other thing to try is LocalHost or your actual machine name.

Hope I've been helpful,
Wayne Francis

If you want to get the best response to a question, please check out FAQ222-2244 first

Did you patch it? What does it say in the event log? In the errorlog file in {Path to SQL}/MSSQL/Logs

Denny

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back