Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not Transfer Wav Files to VAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbg247

Programmer
Apr 12, 2002
US
Hi Guys & Gals,

It has been a while, but I'm stuck. I can not succesfully transfer wav files to my VAL (HW03 FW08). I will list the steps I took in my unsuccessful attempts.

In the S8700, I enable filesystem board loging ftplogin ftppw.

In Windows, I open a command window. (NOTE: The wav file is named johnsmithtest.wav. It is located in C:Documents and Settings\admin\Avaya.) I do 'cd Documents and Settings\admin\Avaya'. Now I am in that directory. I do 'dir' and I see my "johnsmithtest.wav" file.

At the command line I do: ftp 10.7.0.20 (VAL address).

I am prompted for a name: ftplogin [ENTER]

I am prompted for a pw: ftppw [ENTER]

I'm in.

I tried 'get johnsmithtest.wav' and I get a error message--"550 File "johnsmithtest.wav" not found or permission problem".

So I logout. Log back in, and go into Binary mode [bin].

Try the same thing. No luck. Any thoughts? What step am I overlooking?

Thanks in advance, as always.

TBG

Aram,

Thanks for the reply. I tried both 'get' and 'put'. Any other thoughts?

Rob

Just a stab in the dark; what happens if you put the .wav file on the root of c:\ and then try to ftp it (from c:\) to the VAL?

Susan
"'I wish life was not so short,' he thought. 'Languages take such a time, and so do all the things one wants to know about.'"
- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lost Road

I had a similiar problem using the Avaya voice ann mgr...
I finally figured out that it is VERY specific about the file name and extension (all case sensitive)I had .wav and it was only looking for .WAV... Try capitalizing both the file name and the extension and then mixing them up as well (FILENAME.wav)(filename.WAV)

The VAL board is also looking for a specific file format. It must be CCITT u-law 8.000 kHz, 8 Bit, Mono for North America and a-Law for other. You can verify these properties by opening the file using the Windows Sound Recorder (C:\Windows\System32\sndrec32.exe) and clicking 'file & properties'. If the format is different than above, click on the 'Convert Now' button and select the above properties.

Kevin

is the board full? If I recall correctly they only hold 256 announcements. the only other thing I could think of is your not in the annc directory on the board?

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

one other thing. Is the announcement protected? V7 had a nasty habit of randomly protecting announcments. The avaya tech I spoke with "assured" me that this was operating as designed. I asked what was the ryme or reason behind when it protected announcements, and he could not tell me.

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

Thanks for the great replies.

I am progressing. Here's where I am at.

I took d00kie's advice and tried saving the file as (filename.WAV). I then went into ftp>bin>put (filename.WAV), and it worked. The file successfully transferred.

I also took 4meravaya's advice and converted the file to CCIT-uLaw 8/8 mono.

I applied the file to an announcement. I do a 'list integrated-annc-boards' and the file shows up as being zero (0) seconds in length. What am I missing here? Thanks again.

Whenever I am adding any new announcement to a VAL board, I create it on the Definity first (change announcements), record a test message through a phone, then upload the WAV file.

Works for me.

Thanks, but that doesn't work. This is the only thing holding me up. Please help! Thanks.

Announcement names can't have any spaces in them. This applies to the Definity programming and the file name.

Create annoucement firstly in Definity whose name is the same to the file you ftp to the VAL board.

When I applied the file to an announcement, its length also seems to be "0", but after a while, I could hear the voice after dialed the this annoucemnt extension, then I do the command "'list integrated-annc-boards' , the lenth changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back