Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not set reminders in a new folder containing appointment info

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkp325

Technical User
Jan 28, 2002
US
I set up a folder that contains appointment info so the one of our users could keep track of her boss's calendar and her own seperately. The only problem with it is that it will not allow the to set reminders because when I do I get the error message, "The reminder for "[appointment name]" will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Tasks folder. Is there a way to set this up to be recognized as a calendar. I am new to exchange and any help is greatly appreciated. I can not find anything in my book about this so thank you in advance.
Kevin
Owen and Galloway P.L.L.C.

I answered my own problem. Outlook will only allow reminders to be set in the original calendar because of the way it handles busy information and allows meeting requests. It considers the other calendars to be more personal and not work related so it doesn't want to get the calendars confused. You can set a reminder in the original calendar with no time duration and people who are sharing the calendar should not see it. So basically you remind yourself to check your personal calendar. I know this isn't a technical answer but hopefully it might help someone who is looking for a solution like I was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back