Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not send email to hotmail

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbby2003

Technical User
Nov 5, 2003
US
We use Exchange server 2003 in Windows SBS 2003, and client computer is Widnows XP pro.

It shows the following warning message, when from Outlook Web Access ( OWA ) an email is sent to hotmail even though I do type in hotmail email address in the To box

"Windows Internet Explorer"
There must be at least one name or distribution list in the To, Cc, or Bcc box.

I even restarted the computer, and typed in the hotmail email address in both To and Cc box, but the same problem remains. In this case, I can not send email to hotmail. I send emails to other email addresses OK.

What could be the possible reason?

Thanks.

Are you sure there isn't some sort of content filter running on the workstation you are using for OWA? I know that sometimes programs like CyberSitter kill .html pages when certain things are typed in them. I'm currently dealing with a very similar situation with CyberSitter and yahoo.com.

ShackDaddy

I stopped using OWA and started to use Outlook. I was using OWA on a temparory computer. In Outlook, the problem is gone. I am not filtering any content on the temparory computer. I am happy with the way it is working now.

Anyway, thank you, ShackDaddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back