Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not resolve our company webpage after upgrade to AD!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2002
US
We have an Active directory in mixed mode and are moving to native in a few weeks. My problem is that our domain is called example (abc.com) and our company website is called ( Now all your machines point to the AD controler for all DNS and the AD controler has a forwarder that points to our ISP's DNS. When we try to go to we get page cannot be displayed, when I ping it resolves out AD controler. How do I allow our machine to get to website and not resolve to the AD controler. Also is hosted at a web hosting company with it's own statis IP. I know it's something to add in DNS but what?

Thanks in advance.

Check your DNS for a Our webserver is on our DNS so that from the inside I point people at 192.168.3.1, but on the outside our webserver is 205.xxx.xxx.xxx. There may be a left over entry pointing to something else that doesn't exist anymore.

*J*

hmm I don't have a in my DNS under abc.com. Under Forward Lookup zone this abc.com, under that it's 4 folders and a lot of text files. Where should I create the entry for www.

Thanks

BTW I always hated MS DNS :p

Under Forward Lookup Zone -> abc.com. Right-click, New Host and put in the ip address of your webserver. *J*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back