Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not print from SQL questy screen, HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosee

IS-IT--Management
Dec 12, 2001
US
We have a SQL2000 on Windows 2003 server. I ran some queries from SQL Query Analyzer screen. When I got the results, I couldn't print from the result window. The print option from file pull-down menu is grayed out. I don't get that option.

How can I make the print option working? Is there a setting need to be set up? If yes, how to set it up? Thanks.

SQLDenis said:
You can't print a result set

Why not? I do it almost every day. I get my result in the bottom screen, click on it, and select File>Print. Then I get my copy off the printer. Just did it now.

Rosee,

Double check to make sure you are connected to a printer.

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

OOOPPPS.. Okay, you CAN and you CAN'T print the results. If you get your results in the GRID format, you CAN'T print. If you get your results in the TEXT format (as I do), then you CAN print.

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Thanks for all your help.

I now can print. What heppen was the printer wasn't installed under my login. Once I added a printr, I can print from the SQL quesry result screen without any problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back