Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can not print envelopes

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolf73

Programmer
Feb 12, 2006
CA
Hi,

For some reason my printer is not printing envelopes. It is printing documnets fine. But when I print envelopes looks like it is printing, but when it comes out it is completely blank. I have Lexmark.

Thanks

White ink on white envelopes? Never mind.

But seriously...
What program did you use to print on the envelope? Which printer?

Did you double check that the text you are trying to print is within the printer margins? Can you print the same address text on a letter size piece of paper? (part of the margin test) At what point did you tell the printer that an envelope was coming through- ie. are you sure that the printer is recognizing that an envelope is on the way? You could even lightly tape (double sided tape so nothing is exposed- be careful if this is a hot laser printer) down the envelope to a letter size page and feed that through- maybe it is printing in a completely different area?

Hope this helps a bit.
Nick

Yes, check the direction that envelopes should be fed in.(short end or long edge in first)
Also make sure that that direction is chosen in the application. i.e. M$Word

pc.gif

Jomama

I suspect that your printer is printing the address information, it's most likely that your print is not alligned correctly to actually lay the toner on the envelope.

First, I would start by loading a regular 8.5x11 piece of paper and trying to print the envelope. Basically, you're pretending to print the envelope on regular paper so you can see where/if it's actually printing.

You may find that you have to change the feed orientation in your software, or change it on the envelope.

eg, your printer expects the envelope "feed short edge" but the software thinks it's "feed long edge

thanks it was for some reason printing white, thats what the problem was

So, nicksims, good shooting, who'd a thought?

pc.gif

Jomama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back