Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not move Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

yantra

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2008
CA
I was trying to move a extension TN 14 0 0 4 to new location, this TN was listed as BFS on another TN 3 0 0 8, I had removed the BFS keys for the TN 14 0 0 4,

Now when I try to move the TN it gives me the error "sch8783" I did the print of the TN 14 0 04 and it is still showing the BFTN 3 0 0 8 eventhough I nul the BFS key from that TN, any ideas why this is happenig?
I am thinking may be it needs reload or restart, but I don't know how to do it,
your help is appreciated in fixing this,

Regards
Yantra
Toronto, Canada

it is both sets, the monitored and the monitoring...did you clean it up on BOTH sets??

Mato' Was'aka

OK, TN 14 0 0 4 was listed on the TN 3 0 08 as BFS, so I cleared the associated BFS key from TN 3 0 08 so Ideally it should not show BFTN on TN 14 0 0 4 but my problem is that it still shows the BFTN 3 0 0 8 on TN 14 0 0 4 when I do the Print for TN 14 0 0 4

Print a TNB of 3-0-0-8 again and look it over very carefully. TN 14-0-0-4 still has to be on there somewhere. It may have been programmed on there twice.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Probably an easier way, but you tried outting them both and rebuilding them w/o bfs?? If it will let you out them that is...

Mato' Was'aka

I did tried to print the TNB for 3 0 0 8 couple of times, TN 14 0 0 4 is not there, I am Network admin for this company and I occasionally do the telephone programming with very limited knowledge,

Can you post a printout of both TNs?

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Telebub, I only use the console for programming, is there a way to get printout on my computer? we have a connection to a PC from the Telephone room this connection is used by a call accounting program to collect data, do I have to use this connection to connect to the pbx? or it is a IP based connection? I know that my phone company connect to my PBX remotely,

The easiest way is to dial into the system using a PC with Procomm, Hyperterminal, or some other terminal emulation program where you can capture the print data.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

SCH8783 The monitored or monitoring set cannot be moved or copied.
Action:
Severity: Info. Critical to Monitor: No. SNMP trap: No

Sounds to me that you just need to out it and rebuild it.
If you still can't issue an 'out' for either TN you will likely need to rebuild on new TNs and just leave those previous TNs out there as 'corrupted'. A reload might clean it up, but could cause another issue if you do have corruption.
Also, never try to move a phone if it is acquired by Symposium, used for monitoring, agent build, etc. You should only move 'staff' phones and always out and rebuild agent phones. Moving will yield corruption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back