Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not load IDAPI service library

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichXP

IS-IT--Management
Apr 12, 2007
GB
Product = Corporate Edition [Remote]
Versions = GoldMine 6.70.50123, BDE 500 [4/11/1999]

SQL Server = Microsoft SQL Server 2000 - 8.00.194
Intel X86)
GoldMine EXE = c:\program files\goldmine\goldmine\gmw6.exe
BDE DLL Files = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE\

Started as SQL Server 2000 install on system running Windows 2000 SP4, all went well BDE was tweaked as suggested by one of the manuals from Prior Analytics Team,
even though some of the fields were not there to be changed

GM works fine on ACTING SERVER, now workstation is the issue

Linking workstation also on W2K SP4 after mapping caused error : UKNOWN DATABASE .... BDE ERROR CAT: CODE[39.30]

followed the forum from July ... got to a next level where I managed to connect for a while from within BDE Admin ...

Now I get error CAN NOT LOAD IDAPI SERVICE LIBRARY

BDE CAT:CODE[33:10]

Was desperate and I have followed the forum further and installed SQL SERVER 2000 on workstation as suggested in the forum - "installed mssql client utility and I have set named pipes" (could not find the MSSQL client utility as download assumed it is part of the SQL SERVER 2000 setup

Still the same IDAPI error

Your assistance is much appreciated, calling on especially
wahrani16 / goner / mkal / RobColborne

Thank you !!!

The next step will be to import the database from GM 6.5 user to this new GM 6.7 Corporate

If GoldMine works on the server and not the workstations then you will need to copy the BDE folder from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\ and copy this to the GoldMine folder c:\program files\goldmine\goldmine\Setup\.

Rename the BDE folder BDEShare same as the old folder however keep a copy of the original by renaming BDEShare_old.

Workstations should then be able to see the Borland folder on the mapped network drive.

Hope this helps.

Thank You! Will try ... was it on the server ?

copy the BDE folder from C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\ON THE SERVER ?

and copy this to the GoldMine folder c:\program files\goldmine\goldmine\Setup ON THE SERVER ?

Would installing goldmine on the workstaion help ?
Still not sure what was meant by "mssql client utility" in previous thread ...the only way to get that on the workstation was to tun the SQL 2000 install

Rich

You need the SQL Client Network Utility to connect to GoldMine database which runs off SQL. Their is no need to install GoldMine on the workstation as you will be viewing a different database to the server.

Sounds like you're in a real mess, Rich.

On the WORKSTATION, you don't need an SQL server or anything in c:\program files\goldmine\. I'd suggest uninstalling MSSQL and clearing the WORKSTATION's goldmine folder.

The MSSQL client utility can be boiled down to NTWDBLIB.DLL in your windows\system32\ folder. File that on a working machine and copy it to this one and you've got the MSSQL client connectivity part done.

Open the registry and go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ and delete the whole BORLAND key.

Browse to the server via the drive I'm sure you've mapped to a directory one level above the \goldmine\ folder. Locate gmw6.exe and drag a shortcut to it to your desktop (right-click drag)

Everything should go fine from there on out (assuming you have local admin rights for the copying of DLL(s) and Registry modifications that will take place upon first-run.

Doug Castell
Castell Computers

Doug Doug Doug !!! you are the man, btw thank you all for the support !!! Was this meant to be in the manual ? Worked marvels ...

NOW this is not over for me I'm afraid ... now this GM CE on the server needs to import all the data from the GM 6.5 stand alone version, any tips on how to do it the right way?

Also, this server version is logged in as Product = Corporate Edition [Remote]
am I right to assume this is a one user license ? so even if I creatge 2 users still only one at a time can work ?

Next thing is to come up with a reliable Goldmine Backup Strategy, at moment backing up the entire goldmine folder.

Your expertise greatly appreicated !!!

RichXP

Get attached to the dbase databases on the CE install and then use the NEW DATABASE wizard under the file menu to copy the contents to a bde-aliased MSSQL database.

Doug Castell
Castell Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back