Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can not load drivers for any of three dvd burners I have

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabearr

Technical User
Mar 2, 2005
US
No matter what dvd burner I try to hook up with I get error 39
must be something in the bios but im not very good in that area any ideas ??

DVD burners should just be IDE (or SCSI) devices to the BIOS. The problem is either a bad part (cable maybe) or software. Have you tried to find out what error 39 means?

Yes its error 39 and I cant do what it syas to correct happened when I uninSTALLED Roxio

no that dosnt work tried it all ready

I dont think the prob is in the bios.
I do think its as a result of uninstalling roxio.
I do think its likely a registry entry. What i have done in the past is made a backup of my registry and then gone into the registry, used the search feature and deleted all references to roxio. In order to get them all sometimes you have to be creative and think of other names that roxio might use, if the roxio prog is easy cdcreator then i would first search for roxio and then search for creator, then for easy, making certain that i only delete the entries i know for sure were connected to the roxio software and if in doubt then leave the one entry and keep going. That has fixed the prob for me in the past.

Have you uninstalled anything else that is related to making or editing cdr's or dvd's?

Could you not re-install roxio and just not use it, then also install whatever programs you do want to use?
I wouldnt be surprised if that would give you back your dvd burner if good working order.

If you tried all of the above and still no go, then i would submit to us the type and version of your bios so one of us can have a look. Different bios have different settings and i dont think its a bios issue anyway, only a last resort.

Good advice + great people = tek-tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back