Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not finish to back-up in 99% on ARCserve IT 6.61

Status
Not open for further replies.

takabayashiy

Vendor
Aug 22, 2001
JP
hi everyone
i am from japan
we dont have an infomation about "Can not finish to back-up in 99%" in japan
i would like to get this infomation.

i am useing arcserve it 6.61 for nt
when i back-up drives with brick level of agent for exchange ,server can not finish to backup in 99%

it could not recover but i tried to format the arcserve datebase and DAt medias.

please give me your infomation.

We get a lot of the same craps here in the US too. Do you have the exchange agent installed? i was having similar problems I went back and made sure arcserve was using Domain\service account and that seems to work. However now i am getting the incomplete error.

Hi Yoshiya,

Exchange Brick Level backups can be a little bit tricky. First you need to make sure that you are backing up using the specific Exchange Administrator account. You need this (or another account that has similar security rights) in order to get into the individual mailboxes. In MS Exchange you have certain permissions to be able to access the mailboxes for each user. The standard Arcserve account will not do this unless it has been granted the rights to do so. It's probably easier to just use the Exchange account, but , not necessarily recommended.

If you have done this already and you are stuck at 99% make sure that the backup is actually stuck. Exchange backups are EXTREMELY slow and individual mailboxes typically backup at a rate of 10 to 20 MB a minute. It could be that it is backing up the mailboxes but looks like it is stuck on one persons mailbox because it is going so slowly.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks,
Darryl Brambilla
EDS Canada
Darryl.Brambilla@eds.com

Thank you everyone

I have done to check rigths of back-up already but i am stuck at 99%

just i think how about i arenge exchenge db.
i mean it maybe mess exchege db

i will try that

yoshia takabayashi

NEC Soft
takabayashi-y@mxy.nes.nec.co.jp

We receive this error as well. The backup status shows 99% but the backup appears to have hung. There are no permissions problems and the backup has worked before without problem. For the last two days I have formatted the media prior to use and the backup has completed successfully - no other changes at all! The only difference is that before we used to just oberwrite the media, but now I format the media first and it appears to work OK. Sounds strange, but hey, thats Arcserve!!!!

I have found that Arcserve will "hang" if it encouters some kinds of file. Usually zero byte or open files. My guess is that maybe it is retrying open files at the end of the job. Backup of open files is a constant pain causing all manner of problems. Best bet is to turn off backup of open files altogether.

Mark

mark@amadis.freeserve.co.uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back