Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not find NetBackup 4.5 Maintenance Pack 6 for Windows 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jescobedo

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2004
MX
Hi Everybody,

I am looking for NetBackup 4.5 Maintenance Pack 6 image for Windows 2000/NT, but in Symantec Support site it's not available anymore. Who of you guys can tell me how to get it?

Thank you!

Hi Stumpr,

I already enter that link, but there are only MP6 for Unix, and one Special Maintenance Pack 6 for Windows (NB_45_6_M_S1406_265040.winnt.intel.exe, 1799 KB), but what I need is the NBU 4.5 MP6 CD Image for Windows, because I can not apply all patches without installing MP6 first.

My server is:
Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4.
Netbackup BusinesServer 4.5 GA

...I can not apply all patches without installing MP6 first"

Are you sure about this? Netbackup maintenance packs are supposed to be cumulative and include the earlier MP's.
i.e.
MP8 = MP7 + MP6 + MP5 + MP4 + MP3 +MP2 + MP1
MP7 = MP6 + MP5 + MP4 + MP3 +MP2 + MP1

Check the README.txt

Bob Stump
VERITAS - "Ain't it the truth?"

Frbutler,

I am looking for my serial number, I will tell you what happens.

Thnx

I had no luck either... went to:
ftp://ftp.entsupport.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_BusinesServer/00_index.htm

It does not list the MP6 for windows.... hmmmm

I have an unused copy of 4.5 Fp6 if you need it.

Shoot me an email at rvela@ercot.com

Your right. No, they weren't the same..They aren't doing FP vs. MP anymore...thank god

mp6 for windows was a complete installation. You no longer needed to do the base installation.

If memory serves me correct, and it was a long while ago. You had to install MP6, before 7 & 8.

Also i seem to remember bad memories of lots of bpbkar32.exe hanging around this sorta patch...could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back