Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not find download pop-up window

Status
Not open for further replies.

thedoss

Technical User
Jan 27, 2003
US
A friend of mine has win.98dse on a Gateway comp. When she tries to down load a program the pop-up window that asks where you want to send it to does not come up. So she has no progress report or file size. It seems to down load but can not find it ahy where on the C: drive. The only thing that shows when is a little hard drive in the lower left corner on the internet line. Can anyone help?
Thank you.

Doss

You don't say what she is using to download.
For internet explorer look under "tools, advanced" and check the box that says "notify when downloads complete". Is she right clicking on the link and choosing "save target as"? A box should appear and allow you to change the file name and the path to store it....

If you're going through Hell...keep going... (Winston Churchill)
RocKeRFelLerZ

Thanks, RocKeRFelLerz I forgot to uncheck the e-mail. I will pay more attention next time.

Doss

I looked at the "notify when dowloads complete" and it is checked. The window she needs is the "File download" window that has the file name, file type, from whom, and at the bottom it has do you want to- open, save, cancel or more information. I think it is a security window.

I know she can "right click and save as" but I have never seen windows with out this security window.

This is on Internet Explorer.

Thank you,

Doss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back