Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can not delete messages because: 2026 - Message descriptor not valid

Status
Not open for further replies.

gertvangaever

Technical User
Apr 3, 2002
BE
Hello,

I have 197 messages in our SYSTEM.DEAD.LETTER.QUEUE.
This queue should be emptied, as we have found the cause of the messages being put on the SDLQ.

When I try to 'clear queue', I get a message that the queue is in use.

So I try to use pqedit, where I get an error 'PQE 2026 - Message descriptor not valid'. The reason why this error message appears is not important to us, but we still want the queue to be cleared, and it doesn't seem to be possible as long as 'the message descriptor is not valid'.

So my question is: how can I delete all these messages? Do I first have to 'validate the Message Descriptor'?

Anyone?

Well, not sure why you are getting 2026, but you could run simple amqsget to get all the messages off. But to run that you have to first figure out who has kept this queue open and close that application. Most likely it would be the MCA. Stop the chanel that is putting this message and you should be even able to issue clear ql.

To figure out why you are getting 2026, i need to see your app.

Cheers
KK

Hi, you have to use version 2 of MQMD. and also on MQGMO, otherwise you'll se errors.

amqsget(c) can't handle MQMD version 2.

Are you playing with grouping ??

Just my $0.02 :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back