Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can not access to asa with console port

Status
Not open for further replies.

teacher12345

Technical User
Apr 14, 2010
BA
Hi,

I have a old cisco ASA 5510. After setting my terminal emulator for 9600 baud, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, no flow control and connecting the appliance to my Pc with a console cable, i powered it on but nothing appears in the terminal emulator.

I am not sure that console port work..

How can I connect to ASA 5510 now? I have management port and AUX port also..

When I try to atach ethernet UTP straight cable to managemenet port seems is like administrativly down.

Thanks

and I halve also from behind "reset" button.. how can I reset to default factory setting and somehow connect with IP?

Thanks

Are you sure your serial port is working? You can take a key and short out pins 2 and 3 and start typing, if you get a response, it works. Try that first.

I just receive information that they plugin Ethernet cable UTP rj45 on console port and after that he did not work. Its any other solution to access ASA 5510 device without console port.

Ssh or telnet on the management port. It should grab an ip by dhcp. You need to know the passwords.

1st login username = pix
password is your telnet password

the type
enable
and your enable password and you are ready to config.

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

I am having the same issue. When I boot the ASA all the lights on the front are lite up. I have attempted console and mgnt ports. Still nothing. I tired to remove flash card and memory. Everything looks ok.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back