Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can night service be set to different times on the weekend? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tr0ubleman

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2004
US
Here is what we have:

Meridian M8X24-DS
Nortel Startalk Flash 4 CH 1.7
Nortel ATA2
KSU and software version: MDR5 ENG/SP (Including DR5.1)

Our business hours are:

Mon-Fri 7:30AM-5:00PM
Sat 8:00AM-Noon
Sun Closed

_____

Currently we have night service coming on at 5:00PM and going off at 7:30AM. I have the AA set for the non-business message to come on at our closing times, and the regular message to come on during our working hours. The message times are easy to set because you can scroll through and program it for each day of the week. However, it appears you can't get night service to come on at different times for different days of the week. Is that true?

Here's the problem. On Saturdays and Sundays from 7:30-5:00, it takes 6 calls for the AA to pick up, but nobody is there. We would like it to remain the same for weekdays, but on Saturday have night service stop at 8AM and come back on at 5PM. Also, we would like night service to be on all day Sunday.

The night messages are coming on at the right time. We just want it to be one-ring before the AA picks up when we're not there, and 6 rings when we are there.

Is there a way to do this automatically?

ya on fri at closing put int service modes using the feature code from the control set then mon morning just reverse process

ONLY 17 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

Yes, but is there anyway to avoid having to do it manually? Is there an automatic way for the night service to be different on Saturday & Sunday?

cant see in my minds eye but if its an option on services then yes

ONLY 17 WEEKS TILL SKI SEASON STARTS

Go to services, press show, go to common settings, press show, go to schedule times, press show and you can set every day of the week.

I don't see a "common settings" at all. Let me walk you through where I looked for it, and if I'm in the wrong configuration, please let me know.

Feature **Config
-B. General Admin
-Service Modes
*listed under Service Modes are the following:
Control Sets
Night
Evening
Test

or instead of going to Service Modes, I looked under Call Services:

Feature **Config
-B. General Admin
-Call Services
*listed under Call Services are the following:
Auto Call Info
Set Services
VMsg Centr tel#'s
VMsg tel#'s -> lines

I looked at every other option under Feature **config. I expanded and scrolled through every option, but didn't find anything that said "common settings." Is it under another command?

Thanks.

Common settings is the next heading after Routing Service, which is under Services.

I don't see "Routing Services" or "Services" either. I looked at all the options under Feature**config and Feature87. Let me break down the options shown under Feature**config, and please tell me which one I should choose:

Feature**Config
-A. Configuration
-B. General Admin
-C. Set Copy
-D. Maintenance

under A. Configuration we have the following:

--1. Trk/Line Data
--2. Line Access
--3. Call Handling
--4. Miscellaneous
--5. System Data

under B. General Admin we have the following:
--1. Sys speed dial
--2. Names
--3. Time and Date
--4. Direct-Dial
--5. Capabilities
--6. Service Modes
--7. Password
--8. Log Defaults
--9. Call Services

I'm not going to list C. Set copy, because I'm pretty sure it's not there.

Under D. Maintenance we have the following:
--1. System Version
--2. Port/DN Status
--3. Module Status
--4. Diagnostics
--5. Sys Test Log
--6. Sys Admin Log

I figured it would be under:
-B. General Admin
--6. Service Modes
or
--9. Call Services

However, it's not anywhere under Feature**config. Also, I looked under all of the options under Feature87.

Am I using the right command (i.e feature**config or feature87), or is there another command I have to enter in order to get to where you are talking about? I looked through the faq and didn't see anything.

Thanks.

So I don't have that option.....

I guess the only way is manual then. I already have that set up, using luv2ski's recommendation.

Thanks for the help. If anybody else thinks of anything else, please let me know.

upgrade to MICS & CallPilot is the only other option.

Guess I should have read the 1st post more clearly....egg on my face. Need to stop thinking MICS all the time.

Don't sweat it NorstarWiz. So many systems, so many versions hard to keep track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back