Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can my printer postscript

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjagraphic

Instructor
May 6, 2008
NG
over time, i have make designs for screen printers but the problem i have with photorealism drawing in Coreldraw is tone. I have Hp Laserjet 1100 printer but the output is not fine and I am told that I need a proscript printer. Can my printer postscript designs?

According to it can not do postscript.

Two comments:

a) you may be able to use ghostscript as a postscript interpreter. See
b) however, you shouldn't really need ghostscript to achieve tone. Postscript only asks for the printer to fill a space with a certain tint value -- it is still down to the printer to fill the space with that tint, and it can only do it to the extent that the current combination of printer resolution, halftone settings, paper and ink can manage.

Thus, you may possibly achieve as much by experimenting with different print resolutions and quality settings as by using a postscript interpreter.

You can try creating your design in Draw, print to the Device Independent postscript file driver (included in your printer list) choose your line screen from under the postscript tab in the print dialogue box and create the PS file, open Ghostscript and the PS file and print from that. This may reproduce the 'definite' dot from a non postscript printer.
Alan D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back