Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Modular Messaging do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBL110

Technical User
Nov 12, 2005
US
Hi Everyone,

We're going to upgrade from Intuity Audix to Modular Messaging. Can anyone tell me if MM can do the same thing that the Intuity does with auto routing? I also have a few subscribers set up as auto attendants that will automatically route to another subscriber or in one case, a VDN.

This is done by setting the timeout feature to zero and transferring the call to the appropriate subscriber or number. Just want to know if I will be loosing this function. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Scott

Yes, it can. We recently done the same upgrade. In MM, auto attendants are called "caller applications" and they are programmed using a Windows based GUI. There is a bit of a learning curve, as it is very different to program vs. Audix AA's, but after about an hour tutorial (over the phone) from Avaya, I got the hang of it and created a fairly complex "AA" that worked out just fine.

Thanks for the reply amarc5300. As long as it's possible, I'm good-to-go, complex I can handle.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back