Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I use the same Product keys on all my computers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

max1mum

Programmer
Jan 8, 2003
US
Our company uses Norton Ghost to image all of our boxes and i use sysprep.inf to automate a lot of the sysprep Mini Setup. Included in that answer file is a product key from on of our licenses. Now we are being questioned about the legality of our licensing. Do i need to change all the Product Keys to reflect a unique Key for Each box from our licenses we have purchased? Also would we need to do it for all our different MS OS's (Win 98, NT4, W2K Pro, W2K SRV) ?

If anyone knows of any articles already discussing this please inform me of the links. Also if you can provide any backings on your answer that would be greatly appreciated.

THANKS!

-Max1mum

Max1mum.
- VBA Programmer
- Slackin on Studying for MCAD

We use it for Folder Redirection, Software Installation, Security Settings, Basically everything it has to offer. Taking a quick look at LDAP it looks promising, but being able to integrate it into Linux with my knowledge is going to take a little while.

Alright time for some more Linux Tutorials.. Thanks for everyone's responses!

Max1mum.
- VBA Programmer
- Slackin on Studying for MCAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back