Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I use OWC without installing MS office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

longmatch

Programmer
Nov 1, 2001
I would like to use OWC (office web components) components to draw some graphs based upon the query result. It is said that we have to install the Microsoft Office if we want to use OWC.
I asked our Administrator to install. Unfortunately they do not want to do that, and told me there are same components existing in the server. But I have not found a way to use that. The asp program working on the server with OWC installed does not work in our server. Is it necessary to install the office software? If not, how to reference the dll or components on the IIS server.

thanks

Longmatch

Also have a good read of How are these subs being called? (thread329-657338) - some good points on the licensing issues involving OWC even if you DO get them to install it.

IMO, you're better of getting a custom charting component.

Posting code? Wrap it with code tags: [ignore]
Code:
[/ignore][code]CodeHere
[ignore][/code][/ignore].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back