Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I use a FAC in a vector? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cathal71

Programmer
Nov 28, 2006
AU
Hi,

I'm trying to use a vector so that the user can activate a feature access code. They want to change vector variables.

I am using the FAC 241 for example to change vector variable A but I would ideally like to be able to dial into a VDN and be prompted with an announcement 'To change variable A dial 1, B dial 2' etc
Does anyone know if this is possible. The end user wants the easiest possible way of doing this without having to remember the FAC. Thanks

1) Let Variables A, B, C, etc all be defined as COLLECT GLOBALS. Making a variable "collect" type will allow you to change the value. Making the scope "global" allows the value to be set for any vector that wants to read this value later. The length doesn't seem to really matter. I typically leave this as a default of 16 even if I know my values will have less than 16 digits. Note also when you submit you may get a WARNING. I ignore those, it may not be accurate, but I find it makes things more generic and flexible in the long run. So keep submitting until you see "successful"! (or you can follow the warnings)

change variables Page 1 of 39
VARIABLES FOR VECTORS

Var Description Type Scope Length Start Assignment VAC
A Global Value A collect G 16 1
B Global Value B collect G 16 1
C Global Value C collect G 16 1

2) after defining the variables above, now just create the vector. I'll show a simple way by using the "collect" step (that's why we defined "collect" type variables above). The following will prompt the variable to set, then the subsequent steps will prompt for the value to set the variables. You can enter up to 4 digits to set variable A, 8 digits to set variable B, or 16 digits to set variable C.

01 collect 1 digits after announcement (Enter 1 for A, 2 for B, 3 for C) for none
02 goto step 8 if digits = 1
03 goto step 10 if digits = 2
04 goto step 12 if digits = 3
05 goto step 1 if unconditionally
08 collect 4 digits after announcement (Enter digits for A) for A
09 stop
10 collect 8 digits after announcement (Enter digits for B) for B
11 stop
12 collect 16 digits after announcement (Enter digits for C) for C

3) now you're ready to call this vector and enter in the values for A, B, or C. Before calling it, try "list trace vector <vector number>" to see the vector execution and the setting of the variables. Note also you can end your digit entries with a '#' and only the digits are stored in the variable not the ending '#'. After setting the appropriate variable, you can reverify the value by doing a "change/display variable" at the SAT.

Hope this works for you.

One other thing, you may want to add a password prompt or some COR/COS setting to make the VDN a bit more secure. That way only certain people can set these variables.

-y

Thank you so much for your help and time. It's working exactly as I wanted (and more importantly as the customer wanted). Much appreciated!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back