Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I use a cable modem to connect to my corporate LAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have set a Microsoft VPN and can use it perfectly fine with a dial up connection, but when I try to use it from home on my cable modem it does not work. Am I overlooking something. My firewall forwards all requests on the VPN port to my VPN server.

I am having the same problem, I can connect, but cannot browse the office network. I have a call to microsoft, I will let you know what they say....

check with your cable modem service provider. the one in this area (Akron, OH) does their own firewalling, etc and ports can mysteriously come and go. Things are much better than they were, but follow the chain up. the break could be in the middle.

Can you ping the vpn server from the cable connection that is the first place to start if that dont work you have no chance of getting in also I dont have expirience with cable just dsl but it should be the same chck the dialer that activates you cable connection see if there is a setting to log into the network there may be something there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back