Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I upgrade this without any configuration changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Is it possible to replaced a bad TN746B with a TN793B circuit pak without having to do or change any configurations in the switch system and will it recognize the 24 port rather just 16 ports like the old TN746B.

Also is it possible to replace a bad TN2128 with a TN2224B circuit pak without having to do or change any configuratin in the switch system and will it recognize the 24 port rather just 16 ports like the old TN2128.

Also I think the CO-Trunk card TN747B is hot swappable correct and does it require any configuration changes if I was to replace the card with a new one or one that is the exact type.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me ......

The simple answer is no. As you are changing board types you will need to change the config for both boards. Also you are changing a 16 port (TN746) for a 24 port board (TN793). You will also have the same prob with digital boards as well 16 port to 24 port.

You are correct the TN747B is hot swappable, but you will need to change like for like. Other wise it time to reprogramme.

It's and easy change. Change any stations on the existing pack to a port of X. Do a list config to verify all ports on the pack show U (unused), tti, or psa. Swap the packs. Go back to the stations and put the ports back in. Stations using ports 1-4 on the old card get reassigned the same ports 1-4. Due to the changes in cross connects between the 2 packs, the stations which used ports 5-12 now need to be assigned ports 9-16 on the new pack, the stations which used ports 12-16 on the old pack will now use 21-24 on the new pack. It's a snap with DSA. -CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back