Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I suppress "Select Unique Record Identifier"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarshaPav

Programmer
Jun 25, 2001
US
I have a very simple application for a user. It begins by copying three files to a work folder, then linking to them. The keys are irrelevant. Is there a way to suppress the "Select Unique Record Identifier" box that displays? She can hit OK without selecting anyting and everything is OK, but I would rather it didn't even show. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I am not advanced enought to know how to stop the system dialogs from popping up, but I do know you can use the Sendkeys command to send key strokes. You can look it up in help.

OK... HELP!

I'm having a similar problem, but have not been able to get the sendkeys command to work to cure the problem. I cannot create a primary key in the tables, and need to bypass the exact same dialogue. HELP! PLEASE! I'm drowning! :)

tried using docmd.setwarnings false in the bit of code where the error pops up?

DOnt forget to docmd.setwarnings true thought after that bit of code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back