Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I successfully reuse IP400 Modules with IP500v2 r10.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkstrike1

Technical User
Apr 18, 2006
US
Hi folks - I have reviewed the r10.0 Install manual, and it says IP400 Modules (v2) are supported. I would like to know what your experience has been reusing these modules on IP500v2.

My customer has several IP400 systems in an SCN at present. Sites range in size from 15 phones to 320 phones (mixed analog and digital). All digital phones are 54xx series, which I know is not supported on r10.0. Have any of you used 95xx series with success on IP400 DS v2 Modules?

In a perfect world, I would want to sell all new gear, but I want to offer credible options.

I have attached a snapshot of the Control Unit device listing from Manager to assist.

I'd also like any comments on how long you think Avaya will support the IP400 modules if I put this customer under IPOSS, and if you have heard whether support will be lost on 10.1, etc.

I always appreciate the sage advice offered on this forum. Many thanks!

Avaya SME Certified

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=fc821647-b947-49fa-88a7-cea16ff2f495&file=Control_Unit_Snapshot_v4-1_20170131.pdf
IP400 Trunk and Station Modules supported in IP Office R10.0:

• Analog trunk 16
• Digital Station V2: 16 and 30 port variants
•Phone V2: 16 and 30 port variants

ip400DS V2 modules are identical to IP500DS modules except for the case colour

(I probably should have said that the other way around as the P400DS V2 was released before the IP500)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Thanks for the info IPGuru and Steve. Very helpful.

Is it safe to assume 95xx digital phones work fine as well? My client has 54xx series at present, and they need to migrate for functionality and r10 support.

Avaya SME Certified

I've seen no issues using 95xx sets on the 400DS V2. Also, while not "supported" by Avaya, the 54xx sets don't seem to lose any functionality on R10(at least not that I've noticed). You can re-use them if you want, just keep in mind that if there is a maintenance issue then Avaya might turn you away if the issue is related to a 54xx set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back