Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I specify a conflicting subreport page orientation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

todder

Programmer
Jul 16, 2001
US
I have a report that prints in landscape orientation. Each group will generate a letter using a subreport that must be printed in portrait orientation.

Is there a way to specify a subreport page orientation that is different than the container report page orientation?

I can see that one solution may be to redo the subreport and rotate all the text and field elements 90 degrees. My letter layout is quite complex. Is there an easier solution?

Thanks.

Subreports get their orientation from the main report. They can't be different, sorry. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

What Ken says is absolutely correct but you can have some degree of control when the Main report is landscape and the Subreport is desired to be Portrait.

the only limitation is that for an 11 x 8.5 sheet in landscape mode A portrait Subreport would be only 8.5 x 8.5

The reason is because you cannot create a subreport larger than the main report.

So design your Subreport such that it will not exceed 8.5 inches (remember to subtract the space above and below the subreport in the main report...or alternatively you can place the subreport in a section which splits to a new page before and after being printed to get the full 8.5 inches of height.)

Then center the subreport in the main report and give it a width of 8.5 inches and designate it "Can Grow".

If that works (smaller portrait) for you ....great... otherwise no can do

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back