Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I share my DSL to remote office over frame relay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudzu46

IS-IT--Management
Apr 1, 2002
US
Please leave a responce even if you dont know.
Any suggestions welcome.

I have two remote office's on Frame-Relay that I want to share my Internet here at the home office. The two remote locations only have one workstation each.

All 3 location have Cisco 2620 Routers for the Frame-Relay.

HERE IS MY QUESTION.

I have Cayman-DSL Model 3220-H at home office plug into the lan. All 15 computers have access to the internet at the home office. CAN I share DSL (email and internet) with Remote office thru my Frame relay.

James Stanford
Covington, Georgia

it would be common on the remote locations to have a default route, any IP address the router did not understand goes to the home office. if the Home office router also has a default route, any IP address it does not understand goes to DSL, then this should work.
it is possible that the remote office PCs have to point to the ISP's DNS server as well I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

You have a number of options. You should be able to configure the branch 2630 to default gateway to the main office. Then have the main office default gateway to the DSL router. This will work. You will have to make sure that the leg of your main office router is on the subnet that the dsl router thinks is its internal network.

Another option is to set up a proxy server. You can have a proxy with 2 legs. 1 leg on the main LAN and the other on the dsl router LAN. You will need to configure all the computers to use the proxy for internet access.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back