Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I send users to default FTP folders?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ariddick

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2002
US
I have many FTP users that access my WebServer on Windows 2000 Server. Currently, everyone is dumped to the ftproot and then sent to their folder if their username matches the folder name. However, I am trying to group several websites under a user's folder. Is there any way to get the respective users to their folder under this main folder? This does not happen since their usernames do not match a folder at the root. Or, is there a way to setup a second FTP site on the same server. If not, does anybody have FTP software that would support this?

Thanks,
Aaron Riddick, MCSE

Hi,

If memory serves, try setting the folder permissions so that each user only has access to their folder, and has 'No Access' to all others. When they log in they should fall through to their folder without having to navigate.

You could set up additional ftp sites, but they would need to run on different ports, so you may have issues with the firewall, if they're going through one, as well as having to give users the port numbers for their specific site.

Hello !
Right click on user->properties->profiles and define a homw folder for the user whenever he connet ftp he will logon to his/her folder.

Hope this will help. iis_guru@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back