Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I remove 3rd-party Toolbar in IE6 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dafty

Programmer
Jul 21, 2001
TH
it annoy and useless for me!!!.

thanks
, win

most legitimate toolbars can be removed through "add and remove programs" in the control panel.

otherwise, try one of the spyware removal tools from faq608-3482

<marc> i wonder what will happen if i press this...[pc][ul][li]please give feedback on what works / what doesn't[/li][li]need some help? how to get a better answer: faq581-3339[/li][/ul]

Some toolbars have a little arrow that points down. When you click on the arrow you get a drop-down menu. You may have the &quot;Uninstall&quot; option in the memu.

Jim

If this is Hotbar you are going to have a hard time. Maybe the new Spybot will get it. It is possible but you have to get a special uninstaller.

Jon

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. (Bertrand Russell)

can u suggest me the best removal tool to be use for this job, cause i don't have any idea about it.

thanks
, win(d)

----------------------------------
[daftywork : work 4 everyone.]
>>

Dafty,

Why don't you post the nature of the toolbar you've picked up? What is it? (i.e. google, adult web-site oriented, what???) The method of removal is going to be contigent on WHAT the toolbar is. Generally, many can be pulled off by downloading and running SpyBot ( others require a little manual work, as suggested above. You need to provide more details to get an effective answer.

before my post , Thank u for suggestion carrr.

i find the way to delete it. it not hard for me. my solution is 'regedit'. i find the classes key that named like toolbars and delete it !!. in the Internet Explorer sub tree, i found the actived toolbars data. it's the key.

thanks everyone.

, wind

----------------------------------
[daftywork : work 4 everyone.]
>>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back