Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I recover from a failed sole DC using restore ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpreston

Technical User
Apr 15, 2003
GB
If I have a domain consisting of a number of member servers but only one DC, am I able to rebuild that DC in the event of failure from a system state backup ?

If so, what would the procedure be ?

TIA

Rob

just backup/restore that only DC, very straighforward.

but, u need 2 DCs at least.

---------------------------------------
Sr. Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

benlu,

Thanks for your reply.

My current WLBS config is as follows.

Port Range : 0 to 65535
Protocols : Both
Filtering Mode : Single
Load Weight : Equal
Hosts : Multiple

That being the case, this covers the range specified in the link that you sent me, and so shouldn't it already be correctly configured ?

adcfaq,

Please accept my apologies. I have a couple of threads open at the moment and have replied to this one with a reply meant for another one.

In answer to your response, I have two DCs in my domain but, as they are both on the same hardware, I am considering the potential for a hardware failure in one possibly being replicated in the other. So, what would the procedure to restore a DC be in the event that there were no remaining DCs in my domain ?

Thanks, and apologies again for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back