Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can i put two different subform into one main form? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sallyGals

Programmer
Feb 1, 2006
DE
i had put two different subform into one main form,it can appear correctly in the main form in form view.But once i click the design view again,the two subform in the main form will bcome the same form.so did i need toi create any macro or module?

Hi

You can either put two (or more) subform controls on the main form, each containing a (different) subform, OR you can have a single subform control and change the subform at run time via code

Which do you want to do?

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

You can use a tab control as well with a different subform on each tab.

Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

i prefer put two subform controls on the main form, each containing a (different) subform, but i had try it before,don't know why just this system cant do it,i try others can..so wat should i do?
thx..

In what way is it not working? It should be no problem as long as the Child/Master fields are set up correctly for each subform.

Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

i also think like that,i had set both form's master and child link already,but still cannot..it is like dat..
when i design and click to view form,the main form can display the two different subform ,but once i click design view and view form again,it become two which are the same subform..
thx

I had a lot of success with this after readind "On Access" by Grover Park George.

He builds an address database in access and on several of the chapters adds multiple subforms to the main form. He walks you through step by step.

It was a really GOOD book.

MistyWolf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back