Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can I print protect my photos?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dollylovestofish

Technical User
Nov 29, 2005
US
First of all.....thank you for your responses to my question about resizing for a wedding album........now, I am doing up some storybook photo pages from a wedding to show a client tomorrow!! and I want to copy them onto a dvd for her to review, I know you can make a slide show presentation and protect them from being printed, etc. but, can I protect just my JPEG's. I downsized them to 75dpi. they are all 8 x 10's (thanks to you)..........what to do. I don't want them to be able to print or print them somewhere else to print. help, thanks

Dolly

The only suggestion I can make is to watermark the photos. You can creatively watermark them with your logo so that they will be unable to use them for anything else. I routinely watermark my photos or artwork as well as sending the client a low resolution version of the image. That way they won't have a high quality image to re-produce.

Make the image as low a resolution as you can get away with, without looking to crappy. Then put half transparent text across the image with your name or something like that.

If already copying to DVD media, consider making a slideshow video DVD presentation. The resolution will be no greater than 720x480 which will be lousy for reprinting if the client takes the trouble to extract the images from the MPEG2 video.

Most DVD burners come with software to make DVD video slide shows. Apple ships such software with their Macs as well.

You can also market the DVD video as a billable product, not just a proofing tool.

- - I hope this helps - -
[sub](Complain to someone else if it doesn't)[/sub]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back