Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I password protect my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

chefwong

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2006
US
I may share space with another company . Just short of calling codes from the telco carrier on the lines, does the IPO allow me to do a login that automatically *locks* the phone after x amount of time. Inbound calls I can pick up any time, but for outbound, it would require a log-in of some sorts.

I'm looking at a couple different systems but the Avaya IPO is a strong contender.....I've always like aesthetically how the handsets look and the software/manager program is +++++

You could use the hot desk feature. That would log the phone out and the screen would then say "NO User" No user in default cannot make outgoing calls. When you get back, you just log back in.

On the IPO you have extensions, which have extension numbers, and are the physical telephone itself. The you have users that get directory numbers. The "users" and "extension" number can match, but thet don't have to. This allows you to log out and then log in to any instrument. While you are logged out calls go directly to voice mail.

If no one is logged into the phone, can the 1st 3 buttons still be treated as part of the inbound main DID call group ?

I am somewhat familiar with hot desking, but I recall that the phone was inactive if no one was logged in.

you could require a code for outgoing calls, and leave the ext active, since it would not allow outgoing calls without the code anyway. it would then recieve incoming calls as normal.

not sure if that will help your situation or not.

If you use hotdesking you will not receive calls when logged out. These will go to voicemail or get busy depending on the settings.

Make an user on the extension that can,t call outside and make a hotdeskuser.
Put in the Fallback extension of the Hotdesk user the other extension.
If the Hotdeskuser logs off al phone calls will go to the normal user wich can,t call outside.

Greets Peter

could probably give the ext user vm, and set a leave mail start point for the ext user with a goto leave mail of the hotdesk user vm box.

You could create a vm pro module that you connect to every time you go off hook (set the user as a hot dial) that could ask you for a password, then send you to a module that allows you to dial the number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back