Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can I pass a value from an ASP PAge and display it on a report

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayz90

Programmer
Nov 12, 2002
US
I am capturing the report name and dispalying it on an ASP Page.We want to display the same name on the report.Would anyone know of a way of doing so incrystal.If someone knew of a way of passing a variable from the ASP page and displaying it in crystal or diabling a parameter I would be obliged as I think that would be th way to go whenevr trying to dispaly the title.

Thanks

Ajay

>If someone knew of a way of passing a variable from the ASP page and displaying it in crystal

If I understand your question correctly, you want to pass a value from ASP and have it display on a Crystal Report.

While generation the report, right-click on Parameter Fields on the left (under Field Explorer.) Select New and give it a name, like "DisplayThis" (and a default value if you want.) Next drag a Database Field out and drop it on your Report (I don't know why it has to come from a DB Field and not an ordinary TextObject, but only DB Fields have "Display String" as a Format Option.) Next select "Display String" under Common of the Format Option of that Field. Enter {?DisplayThis} in the box provided (you can also add text like "DisplayThis = " & {?DisplayThis} & " isn't that nice?".)

Finally, you must pass the value from ASP to the Report at Run Time. You would do that something like this Session("oRpt").ParameterFields("DisplayThis").SetCurrentValue("Passed Value").

Good Luck! [thumbsup2]
WindUp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back